I Am A Number With 2 More Tens Than Ones. I Have 5 More Ones Than Hundreds, The Sum Of My Digits Is 18-What Number Am I?, I Need To Solve This With Lo

I am a number with 2 more tens than ones. I have 5 more ones than hundreds

the sum of my digits is 18-what number am I?

I need to solve this with logical reasoning-

my 2nd grader is mad that I dont know how to do these.

can you please....help me. I said I would learn by the morning.
I dont just want the answer--want to understand how to do it.

Answer:

297


Step-by-step explanation:

Clues given:

1. The digit in the tens place is 2 more than the digit in the ones place

2. The digit in the ones place is 5 more than the digit in the hundreds place.

3. The sum of all the digits is 18.


Trial and Error 1: Try digit in the hundreds place = 1

Hundreds place = 1

Ones place = 1 + 5 (According to clue 2) = 6

Tens place = 6 + 2 (According to clue 1) = 8

The number is 186

Sum = 1 + 6 + 8 = 14 (According to clue 3, it should be 18, therefore wrong)


Trial and Error 2: Try digit in the hundreds place = 2

Hundreds place = 2

Ones place = 2 + 5 (According to clue 2) = 7

Tens place = 7 + 2 (According to clue 1) = 9

The number is 297

Sum = 2 + 7 + 9 = 18 (According to clue 3, it should be 18, therefore correct)


Answer: The number is 297


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slogan Para Sa Tamang Paggamit Ng Social Media Platforms???? Tagalog.